Want List: Celebrity Designers
Sometimes I’m a little wary of celebrities who say they’re going to design a line. However, some of them get to work on a daily basis with talented stylists and brilliant designers, so it’s no wonder some of them have come out with amazing items and collections. Here are a few of my favorites.
- This blazer from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s Elizabeth and James collection is genius. The tailor of a blazer with the warmth of a faux fur hood is awesome.
- This blazer is also from Elizabeth and James. The structure, the strong shoulders, and the ruched sleeves are impeccable.
- This jacket from Jessica Simpson for Macy’s is a great color. It’s so bright and perfect for the middle of winter. I also love the big collar.
- After the activewear challenge on Project Runway last week, I decided to check out Heidi Klum’s collection for New Balance. I found this amazingly cute sweatshirt jacket. The ruffles make it chic, not sloppy.
- Lauren Conrad, after a dud collection of her own, partnered with Kohl’s to design a line. My personal favorite this season is this delicate lace jacket. The back is actually slightly sheer, and the whole jacket is visually interesting. It’s also quite affordable.