A big congratulations goes out to Katy of ModlyChic for the success of her fashion and beauty blogging group, Fashion Beauty Friend Friday, on the first anniversary of the group! Thank you, Katy, for all of the hard work you put into the group and for your relentless support of all the group members. If you’re a fashion, style, or beauty blogger and you’d like to join FBFF, you can find out more info at ModlyChic.
So in honor of FBFF’s first anniversary, this week’s questions are all about gratitude toward the people who have pushed us to become who we are today.
- When it comes to me personally, I owe a lot of who I am to: my family and friends. Mom, thanks for being such a stylish mom and supporting me with this blog. You inspired confidence in me that some strive for their whole lives. I’m so happy you got me addicted to thrift shopping and garage sales. Dad and Matt, thanks for taking my pictures for me when I’m home from school. Liz, Emily, and Anna, you guys are the best friends a girl could ever have. Megan and Christine, even though you both live far away from me, we continue to stay in touch and remain close friends. The girls on my wing, I love you all and I love living with you (even if you’re studying abroad). Thanks for supporting me through my blog.
- When it comes to me professionally, I owe a lot of who I am to: my professors and my grandparents. My professors have challenged me and pushed me to perfect my writing skills and to persevere through three, going on four, years of college. My grandparents who own a small store taught me to work hard at everything I do, whether I’m interning, cleaning shelves, or helping customers at my summer job. Hard work is essential.
- When it comes to the art of blogging, I’m grateful to these people for helping me through some rough (and fun) spots: My roommate, Liz, thanks for putting up with my craziness when getting dressed in the morning and when I feel like I have nothing to wear. You put up with a lot. Ruben, you are always so encouraging regarding my blog when I see you on campus. Thank you for your enthusiasm. Alex, you were my first blogging friend! Thank you for continuing to read my blog and for inspiring me with your own.
- One blogging challenge I’m grateful happened because it made me stronger was: realizing that some days, it’s okay not to look like you stepped out of a fashion magazine sporting the latest trends. Some days, you just have to wear what’s comfortable and what’s you. After all, it is a personal style blog.
- To my readers, I’d like to say: Thank you all for continuing to support me with my blog. It has almost been a year since I’ve started, and I continue to love it more and more every day. You all are truly the best, and I love reading your comments, questions, tweets, and emails. Keep ‘em coming!
xoxo - Caitlin