Ten travel essentials
With my upcoming trip back to Omaha and a summer vacation to visit my parents in Salt Lake City, I’m in travel mode. I have a bag that’s with me in the front seat throughout the entire trip, and it’s enough to keep me entertained and refreshed for 12-plus-hour trips.
1. Caffeine: I prefer coffee in the morning, but come afternoon when I don’t want quite as big of an energy kick, Starbucks Refreshers are my favorites.
2. Perfume: Rather than risk a full bottle, I travel with these rollerballs.
3. Kindle Fire: I can carry 100 books without the weight or bulk. Plus, my composition cover makes my tablet that much better.
4. Lotion: A must when the AC is running full blast and drying out my hands.
5. Magazines: The one thing I will make added room for in my bag. I refuse to read these on my Kindle unless absolutely necessary. Glossies just aren’t glossies when they’re on a tablet.
6. iPhone Charger: My iPhone can’t survive long trips without an added boost.
7. Lip Gloss: I try to consolidate my makeup as much as possible when traveling, so tubes of pink and coral lip gloss are all I need.
8. Havaianas: I’m not normally a flip-flop girl; I only wear them to and from the pool. I make an exception when I’m traveling, though, and Havaianas are the best flip-flops out there.
9. Mascara: A little mascara goes a long way to freshen up your face, especially when the effort of putting the rest of your makeup on doesn’t seem worth it while on the road.
10. Light Sweater: Ideal for cozying up for a nap while someone else does the driving.