FBFF: Strange Tastes
This week’s FBFF (Fashion Beauty Friend Friday) is all about how blogging has affected our tastes in strange ways. If you’re interested in joining FBFF and you have a style or beauty blog, check out Katy’s blog here.
- Since you began blogging, have you noticed a change in the types of things you gravitate toward while shopping?
Definitely! I find that since I began blogging, I go for bolder prints, colors, shoes, and accessories. I also have found that I love vintage, particularly vintage bags and clutches (something I would have normally found impractical before my blog but that I now incorporate into my wardrobe almost daily).
- Do you find, as a fashion blogger, that you dress differently from your family and friends? Do they comment on that?
Oh, yes, I definitely dress different from my friends. Since I’m still an undergraduate, a lot of my friends dress in sweats and ratty tees. I prefer to look slightly more polished, and my friends and I like to tease one another about the differences between our tastes. My family dresses pretty well, especially my mom (who is to blame for my thrifting/garage-saling obsession).
- What’s the weirdest fashion that you secretly like, even if you aren’t bold enough to wear it?
Kim of eat.sleep.wear. recently wore a pair of printed pants, but not just printed pants. Those puppies are loud and bold! I saw a girl on campus a few months ago wearing some similar and secretly thought they were cute. However, pants of that cut and with that print take a certain body type to be able to pull it off well.
- Looking at current trends, what would you like to try but need to build up the courage to do?
One word: neon. If it’s too much, it looks like ‘80s throw-up. But neon is bright and needs to be seen, which means there is a fine line there. I think if I got a bag like Jessica’s, I could work in the neon trend. For now, I’ll just stick with my orange nail polish.
- Toot someone’s horn: what fashion blogger out there inspires you with her bold fashion choice?
This one is so easy: B.Jones! A girl who can rock a poncho one day, wear a cropped top the next, and then score a thrifted leather jacket is someone you need to follow ASAP. Somehow, she makes even the toughest and strangest trends seem completely appropriate and wearable.