Hair and skincare empties
I stayed up way past my bedtime to write this post but for good reason — to see Interstellar last night. It’s one of those mind-blowing movies that gives you such an adrenaline rush that you find enough energy to power through a late-night blog session. I knew very little about the premise of the movie going into it and had only heard good things from friends.
Ok, enough about my night and onto the blog post. I’ve managed to use up quite a few hair products, which is quite a feat for a gal with such short hair. Here are my mini reviews:
- Dove Pure Care Dry Oil With African Macadamia Oil: This year was all about oil for face, skin and hair, and many of my beauty box subscriptions came with samples of oil to try. This one has been my favorite; it smells great and moisturized the ends of my hair to help keep them super soft. Even better? The price for the full-size bottle is very budget-friendly!
- Philip B Detangling Finishing Mist: I hadn’t used a detangling spray since I was a little girl, and after my first time using this product, I was smacking myself for not considering using something like it before. My curly hair gets very tangly, and this product worked like magic to make combing through it post-shower a snap. I decided to try a different brand just to test the other detangling waters, but this product is a good one if you’re looking for a detangler.
- It’s a 10 Miracle Leave In Conditioner plus Keratin: My stylist uses this product on my hair, and it is fantastic. It’s almost like magic, the way it smoothes the frizz and softens my curls. I actually got three of these bottles free from Ulta earlier this year when they were doing a sale, so I still have two more to get through. Whoop!
- Pureology Colour Fanatic Hair Treatment Spray: Unfortunately I am not a natural ginger, as much as I want to be. I was excited to try this because I’ve heard so much about Pureology and their color-extending products. My verdict on this? I didn’t see a difference in color-fading time, and in terms of sprays that deliver nutrients, I think there are some better ones out there.
I also used up some skincare and other beauty-esque products recently. Here are some mini reviews:
- REN Rosa Centifolia No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm: I had always used makeup remover wipes to clean my skin, so the idea of using a balm to remove my makeup was quite foreign. However, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to using wipes after dipping my toes in the balm/oil. I loved this product, which lasted quite a few months, but I doubt I’ll be repurchasing it anytime soon, as I have a couple other balms/oils to get through first.
- ReVive ‘Intensite’ Volumizing Eye Serum: I mentioned this serum in my eye care post earlier this month. This stuff works in that I noticed my under-eye makeup looked really good and flawless while I was using it, but is it worth the $300+ price tag? I’ll leave that up to you to decide, but I’m just thankful my mini sample came in one of my beauty subscription boxes!
- Rembrandt Deeply White + Peroxide Whitening Mouthwash:
I know this is a bit weird to include in a beauty empties roundup, but whitening is a part of the beauty process for most of us girls! I really liked this and am already on my second bottle. It’s whitening without being overpowering, and the fluoride adds a bit of extra cavity protection. (It’s hydrogen peroxide-based, so get ready for a very distinct taste despite the mint flavor they added.)
- Camille Beckman Imperial Repair Hand Therapy in Lemongrass Vert and Sparkling Grapefruit: This has got to be my favorite lotion ever. Not only is the formula heavy without being greasy, but the smell is to die for. It’s the perfect mix of spicy and citrusy. I will seriously consider repurchasing (after I use up all my other lotions) because the scent is just that good.