Glossybox versus Birchbox
Let’s talk monthly beauty box subscriptions. Just within this past year, I subscribed to both Glossybox and Birchbox with the hopes of discovering some new favorite products and brands. Here are my thoughts so far about the two services:
- At $21 a month, this is a slightly more expensive subscription.
- I find I get larger samples from better-known brands, including some luxury labels.
- The variety of items in each box is wonderful; I’ve received primers, eye shadows, eyeliners, beauty oils, brushes, masks, moisturizers. You name it, I’ve probably received a sample of some sort.
- At $10 a month, this subscription might be more attractive depending on your budget.
- Most of the products I’ve received are pretty small, even for a sample size, and from unknown brands. That being said, though, I’ve discovered some new products that I love from brands I never would have tried.
- I seem to receive a beauty oil and fragrance sample (like the kind they hand out in Sephora) in almost every box. The variety of products isn’t as great as I’d like it to be.
- Birchbox provides a sneak peek video of what you’re receiving in your box each month, and sometimes I don’t get all the products they mention. I’m not the type of person to make a huge fuss about it and contact customer service just because of that, but it is something to be aware of if you’re considering subscribing.
I figure I’ll give each subscription service a full year before deciding to keep or cut them. I love sampling new products, and both are great subscription services if you’re into that sort of thing.
It’s your turn! Do you subscribe to a beauty box service? If so, which one (and should I try it out)?