Beach Reads 2016
The talk around my work's water cooler seems to revolve around vacation a lot recently. I think it's in part due to the fact that so many schools are wrapping up, and it's just that time of year when everyone anticipates summer vacation. Personally I'm not into beach vacations (hello, sunburn) and usually head to the mountains of Utah for my vacations (hello, parents), but regardless of if you're going to the beach, the mountains, or having a staycation, these books are some you need to dig into this summer. (Pssst! Keep up with what I'm reading on Goodreads.)
- Hunting Hope by Nika Maples: The book publicity firm I work for is working with Nika, and this book is near the top of my must-read list. Nika has an incredible story of hunting for and finding hope in the midst of a very hopeless situation.
- Her One and Only by Becky Wade: I'm pretty sure Becky's books make my reading lists every time, but they are always spot-on if you love contemporary romance. This is the final book in the series and, in my opinion, the best one (and yes, I've already read this).
- Design Your Life by Rachel Roy: I've always admired Rachel's eye for design and style, so when I saw her book sitting in Barnes & Noble, I snatched it up right away. Rachel has given a fun twist to a book about finding your personal style that's different from any other book I've read.
- Together at the Table by Hillary Manton Lodge: Another author who always seems to make these reading lists of mine, Hillary writes contemporary romance stories that seem like they're right out of my friends' lives. This is the third book in the series and next on my list of books to read.
- Eligible by Curtis Sittenfield: I'm a sucker for anything related to Jane Austen, and this modern spin on Pride and Prejudice has gotten rave reviews. It promises to be hilariously funny. Must purchase this for my Kindle ASAP!