The Best of the Best: Mascaras
Unless you're one of those girls who manages to get away with putting false lashes on every day (and seriously—who has time for that?), then you know just how frustrating the search for the perfect mascara can be. For me, the perfect mascara is very volumizing, somewhat lengthening, and not too dry or gel-like of a formula. I also know a mascara is a good one if my roommate asks what mascara I'm using at the moment. If my perfect mascara sounds like yours, read on for the cream of the crop (in my opinion):
- Lancôme Hypnose Drama: This is my second favorite pick of the bunch. It has a funky wand on it, but somehow it manages to coat my lashes fully. Two coats, and you've got some va-va-voom volume.
- Lorac Cobra: This is another one of those that has the funkiest wand; it's actually shaped like a cobra head, and applying it does take some getting used to. It gives my lashes serious curl and volume.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex: It's a ridiculous name, but there's no doubt about it: The mascara is good. The wand is shaped like an hourglass and works well to get even the tiniest lashes on my inner corners.
- Chanel le Volume de Chanel: This is THE BEST mascara I've ever tried, and if I had to throw out all my other mascaras and only use this one for the rest of my life, I would be a happy camper. It fulfills my dream mascara wish list, and my lashes look almost falsie-like when I apply this.
- Benefit Roller Lash: If you have problems with your lashes not staying curled, this one is a must-try. The curled effect it gives your lashes lasts all day, and as a bonus, it's very volumizing and layers seamlessly.