My January Edit
So far, January has been a non-stop month for me, with work being quite busy and weekends being quite full of things to do, shows to attend, new restaurants to try. When I'm not working, I'm trying my best to reorganize my office, watching Veep and Narcos, and reading as much as I can. Here's a look at what I'm looking forward to this month:
- Skincare Regime: After my skin had a tough year in 2015 and was very prone to breakouts, I've managed to get everything under control for the past two months and am hoping to keep up what I've been doing. My goal is to fade any scarring and hyperpigmentation with the Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel; I've used it before and seen great results, but I want to use it more consistently to see if my spots will fade completely.
- Ban.Do Sticky Notes: I've been carrying these sticky notes with me wherever my planner goes, and the variety of sizes all manage to work well incorporated into my planner.
- Farnam House Brewing: Liz and I went to this brewing house last weekend for an afternoon brewery tour and dinner. I love learning about the old buildings in Omaha and what they used to be (this one was a fur store), and the variety of beer they had on tap was impressive. The food was incredible, too; we tried a burger, a soup, and fries, and my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
- The Painter's Daughter: I've always loved Regency fiction, and Julie Klassen is one of my favorite authors of that genre. I'm still not yet finished with this book, but I'm three-fourths of the way through and can't stop thinking about the book throughout the day—a sign that I really enjoy a book.
- Real Simple: I've just become a subscriber to this magazine within the past year, but it's one I like to carve time out for to read word-for-word, cover-to-cover. I find every article is so practical and applicable.
- Coldplay's A Head Full of Dreams: I can't stop listening to this album! My favorite album of Coldplay's is Mylo Xyloto, but this one comes in a close second.